Academic Contact Information
To contact Jason in any official capcacity, please use the following:
University of Connecticut U-3046
2152 Hillside Road
Storrs, CT 06269-3046
Current ResearchJason is currently a new graduate student in the University of Connecticut Physics department, so as such he hase not yet chosen a research advisor and started his primary research towards PhD dissertation and freedom. Currently he is still working with Dr Richard Krantz, on the calculation of Brillouin zones for Maximally Even Supercells.
Vögel EducationJason recieved a B.S in Physics with a minor in Mathematics with honors from the Metropolitan State College of Denver. Currently He is a PhD Graduate student at the University of Connecticut Physics Department.
- G.K. Brennen, H.M. Lawler, Jason Byrd, Sanjiv Shresta, "Rabi Coupling Between IR-active Phonon and Cavity-resonant Electromagnetic Modes," Presentation for the March 07 Meeting of APS, March 5-9, 2007, Denver CO.
- Richard Krantz, Jason Byrd, "Energy Band Calculations for Maximally Even Superlattices," Poster for the March 07 Meeting of APS, March 5-9, 2007, Denver CO.
- Jason Byrd, Richard Krantz, "Periodic Numerical Grid Method for the Maximally Even Kronig-Penny Model," Poster for the March 07 Meeting of APS, March 5-9, 2007, Denver CO. pdf download
- Hadley .M. Lawler, Jason Byrd, G.K. Brennen, "Theory of Rabi interaction between infrared-active phonon and cavity-resonant modes," Submitted to Phys. Rev. B, 2006. ArXiv link
- J. Byrd, F. Vila, J. Rehr, "Molecular Dynamics Simulation of Ca Hydration and the Optical Response of Clustered Water", NSF REU report, University of Washington Physics Dept. 2006 pdf download
- J. Byrd, "Markovian dynamics of ultra-high Q quantum cavities," Denver Metropolitan Journal of Mathematics and Computer Science 13, 2006. pdf download
- J. N. Byrd, "Numerical Analysis of the Parametrically Driven Pendulum," Denver Metropolitan Journal of Mathematics and Computer Science 13, 2006. pdf download
- J. Byrd, M. Baertschy, "Numerical and Theoretical Treatment of Electron-Impact Ionization," Presentation for the APS Four-Corners Section Meeting, October 15, 2004, Albuquerque, NM. pdf download
- M. Baertschy, J. Byrd, "A More Extensible Approach to Electron-Impact Ionization," Presentation for the 35th Meeting of DAMOP, May 25-29, 2004, Tuscon AZ.