Ph.D., Professor of Physics
Ultracold Atoms and Molecules,
Atomic and Molecular Spectroscopy University of Connecticut
2152 Hillside Road, U-3046
Storrs, CT 06269-3046
|Phone:||(860) 486 2950|
|Fax:||(860) 486 3346|
Research Interests: Ultracold Molecules, Photoassociative Spectroscopy, Ultracold Collisions, Laser Cooling and Trapping, Rydberg Atoms, Quantum Optics, Quantum Computing, Atom Optics, Laser Spectroscopy
- Ph.D., Physics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1986
- B.S., Physics and Mathematics, Bates College, 1979
- 1988-present: Professor of Physics, University of Connecticut
- 1986-1987: National Bureau of Standards, NRC postdoc
- D. Tong, S. M. Farooqi, E. G. M. van Kempen, Z. Pavlovich, J. Stanojevic, R. Cote, E. E. Eyler, and P. L. Gould, Observation of Electric Quadrupole Transitions to Rydberg nd States of Ultracold Rubidium Atoms, Phys. Rev. A 79, 052509 (2009).
- J. T. Kim, D. Wang, E. E. Eyler, P. L. Gould, and W. C. Stwalley, Spectroscopy of 39K85Rb triplet excited states using ultracold a 3Σ+ molecules formed by photoassociation, New J. Phys. 11, 055020 (2009).
- Enhancement of the Formation of Ultracold 85Rb2 Molecules due to Resonant Coupling, H. K. Pechkis, D. Wang, Y. Huang, E. E. Eyler, P. L. Gould, and W. C. Stwalley, Phys. Rev. A 76, 022504 (2007).
- C. E. Rogers III, M. J. Wright, J. L. Carini, J. A. Pechkis, and P. L. Gould, Generation of Arbitrary Frequency Chirps with a Fiber-Based Phase Modulator and Self-Injection-Locked Diode Laser, J. Opt. Soc. Am. B 24, 1249 (2007).
- Coherent Control of Ultracold Collisions with Chirped Light: Direction Matters, M. J. Wright, J. A. Pechkis, J. L. Carini, S. Kallush, R. Kosloff, and P. L. Gould, Phys. Rev. A 75, 051401(R) (2007).