Ph.D., Professor of Physics
Ultracold Atoms and Molecules,
Atomic and Molecular Spectroscopy University of Connecticut
2152 Hillside Road, U-3046
Storrs, CT 06269-3046
|Phone:||(860) 486 2950|
|Fax:||(860) 486 3346|
Research Interests: Ultracold Molecules, Photoassociative Spectroscopy, Ultracold Collisions, Laser Cooling and Trapping, Rydberg Atoms, Quantum Optics, Quantum Computing, Atom Optics, Laser Spectroscopy
- Ph.D., Physics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1986
- B.S., Physics and Mathematics, Bates College, 1979
- 1988-present: Professor of Physics, University of Connecticut
- 1986-1987: National Bureau of Standards, NRC postdoc
- M. A. Bellos, R. Carollo, J. Banerjee, E. E. Eyler, P. L. Gould, and W. C. Stwalley, Excitation of Weakly Bound Molecules to Tribolitelike Rydberg States, Phys. Rev. Lett. 111, 053001 (2013).
- A. Kirrander, S. Rittenhouse, M. Ascoli, E. E. Eyler, P. L. Gould, and H. R. Sadeghpour, Approach to Form Long-Range Ion-Pair Molecules in an Ultracold Rb Gas, Phys. Rev. A 87, 031402(R) (2013).
- J. L. Carini, J. A. Pechkis, C. E. Rogers III, P. L. Gould, S. Kallush, and R. Kosloff, Production of Ultracold Molecules with Chirped Nanosecond Pulses: Evidence for Coherent Effects, Phys. Rev. A 87, 011401(R), 2013.
- J. Banerjee, D. Rahmlow, R. Carollo, M. Bellos, E. E. Eyler, P. L. Gould, and W. C. Stwalley, Direct Photoassociative Formation of Ultracold KRb Molecules in the Lowest Vibrational Levels of the Electronic Ground State, Phys. Rev. A 86, 053428 (2012).
- C. E. Rogers III, J. L. Carini, J. A. Pechkis, and P. L. Gould, Creation of Arbitrary Time-Sequenced Line Spectra with an Electro-Optic Phase Modulator, Rev. Sci. Instrum. 82, 073107 (2011).